Candle Care & Safety

Our candles bring comfort, peace, and relaxation. We want to make sure that you light your candles safely. 

Here are some tips to safely prolong the life of your candles.

Using the Candle Properly

  • When using the candle for the first time, leave it to burn for 2 or 3 hours, until all the wax has become liquid on the surface. This will prevent the wax from becoming hollow later on or forming a well around the wick.
  • Do not burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire.
  • Only burn a candle on a level, heat-resistant, non-flammable surface.
  • Never leave a lit candle unattended and never let it burn for more than four hours at a time. Do not move your candle when lit or when the wax is still liquid. 
  • Never place a lit candle in a draught, nor in direct contact with a precious surface. It should be placed on a flat, heat-resistant surface.   
  • To extinguish the candle, it is recommended you use a lid or snuffer to avoid smoke and any splashing of liquid wax.   
  • Keep the candle out of reach of children and pets.

Taking Care of the Wick

  • Be sure to centre the wick in the wax after each use for consistent consumption of the wax. This will also ensure the glass does not overheat. The wick and flame should not touch the container.
  • Finally, regularly cut the wick with the wick trimmer (ideal length 3-5 mm) to prevent the candle from emitting smoke and the wick falling into the wax, rendering the candle unusable.

Recycling Your Candle

A candle is finished, and should not be relit, when only 5 mm of wax remains or the metal wick sustainer becomes visible.

This is when the second life of the candle begins: the glass containers can be recycled and used as you see fit. You can reuse them as bud vases, brush or pencil pots, tea-light holders, etc.


If you are returning the item due to a fault or damage in transit this must be stated in an email addressed to